ks. dr hab. Włodzimierz Broński, prof. KUL – CAM project coordinator
Marek Dąbrowski – CAM manager
Damian Bara – CAM secretary
Katarzyna Dąbrowska – CAM project specialist
Marta Chałupka – CAM PR services
Agnieszka Urawska – CAM accounting
Karolina Gorgol – CAM accounting
ul. Chopina 29/11A 20-026 Lublin tel. 81 445 30 54
Mediation is an alternative method of dispute resolution to resolve the dispute, which aims to work out a settlement and avoid litigation. Mediation can be carried out in disputes concerning civil, commercial, labor and family law. Mediation allows it completely end the dispute and remove any external Manifestations of the conflict.
The advantages of mediation:
– Full confidentiality of the proceedings. Confidential information may be covered by even the mere fact that the parties participate in mediation.
– Flexibility and informalisation of conduct.
– Full control by the parties over the proceedings and shape the final settlement.
– Speed of process that usually ends in two weeks.
– Qualifications and adequate preparation mediator provide professional help in working out a solution to the dispute.
– A settlement concluded before a mediator and approved by the court are binding and fully effective.
Arbitration is one of the alternative methods of dispute resolution. The purpose of arbitration is to settle business disputes, often between the parties from different countries. Arbitration courts settle matters both domestic and international. If a specific regulation provides otherwise, the parties may submit to arbitration disputes concerning property rights or disputes about moral rights – which could be the subject of a court settlement, except in cases of alimony. Excluded from the court of arbitration is in particular the case of a family which, due to the type of decision can not end in a settlement (eg. The case of divorce or separation).
The basis for the examination of the case by the court of arbitration is the existence of a valid and effective arbitration clause, also known as an arbitration clause. Arbitration clause can be a kind of stand-alone agreement or part of another contract. It should be emphasized that subjecting a particular legal relationship in recognition of the arbitral tribunal shuts examination of the case by the state court.